Sunday, September 9, 2012

I am blessed!

So, God has just presented me with so many gifts and blessings this weekend! First of all, it is just amazing how much more I appreciate just living near and with friends and family and just simply having someone to share about my life with. Thank you Jesus for the technology of Skype and the telephone because without that communication I would really be lonely; however, since my good friends and wonderful family are just a phone call or skype away, I am doing pretty well.

This weekend I had the immense blessing of hanging out with a few friends from BC and just being able to talk to people my age. That is the main thing that I have definitely taken for granted, conversations with people who are at the same place in life as me. My fellow teachers are wonderful and welcoming, but I can not add very much to conversations about their husbands and families... (So, my parents... lol) So, needless to say, I have been a bit starved for conversation (I know big surprise ;) Of course, I have also noticed that when I have a chance to talk to friends my age, I literally can not stop talking... even more so than normal! :)

So, I have finally found a parish where I feel at home. It is called Our Lady of Good Counsel and it is about 20 minutes from me. I walked into the church this morning with my friend Emily, and the cantor was singing the Introit! I found out at the end of mass that they have a choir that sings every Sunday at 9am so I am thinking of joining it! :) At this beautiful parish they chant almost all of the mass parts in Latin and sing beautiful hymns for the Entrance, Offertory, and Closing. And it was so beautiful because at the end of mass, the entire congregation prays the Divine Mercy Chaplet together and says the St. Michael the Archangel prayer. It is just a wonderful parish.

After mass, Emily and I went to Brunch and just had a wonderful day checking out an art fair in the Westport area of KC and dreaming about decorating our own places at World Market, when we have money, that is, one craft project at a time :) (There is some super fun and colorful stuff there!)
Emily and I- what a Wonderful  and relaxing Sunday! 

So, it was all in all a wonderful day. Now, to finalizing lessons and figuring out what my week is going to look like. Talk to you all soon! God bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment