Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Stand still! (My new favorite phrase...)

So, as people have continually been reminding me (as necessary of course).... all the parents will love the Christmas Program no matter what, because kids are cute. I do know this, but at the same time, a Program involving the entire school community is just a little overwhelming. We have now began occasional practices in the gym which is whole new ballgame. It is just amazing how many different things kids can do besides stand still and listen to their teacher and sing pretty.... :) Of course, at the same time I need to remind myself that I was one of those fidgety kids. One of my parents' favorite stories to tell about me as a little kid happened during one of my First Communion practices. The Sister who was helping us prepare to receive our Lord had repeatedly told me and another little boy that we needed to stop fidgeting. She turns to look back at us and, as she recounted to my parents later, our faces were moving in all sorts of contortions. :) So, yeah, I was definitely one of the kids who had to constantly be reminded to "sit still!". :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment