Saturday, November 10, 2012

The next depression... according to 12 and 13 year olds lol

So, on Wednesday I was talking to my junior high students before my elective class that I teach. They had just finished a mock "saint election" that helped them understand how the electoral college worked, with classes being assigned electorates to vote. There were three different parties and St. Thomas More, St. Padre Pio, and st. Ignatius of Loyola were on the ballot in their 3 different parties. We had various posters up in the school with mottoes such as "Listen to your madre, vote for padre", so cute!!

So, I was in Minnesota during their election (Monday and Tuesday) and so I didn't know the result. So, I ask my students "How did the election go?!?" and the response I received was many confused faces and a student saying "Obama won...". I just love that my students assumed that I did not know what happened in the Nation.... just made me chuckle. And as I began class I asked them the question of "What is the Great Depression?" and one student spoke out "you mean the one that is going to start?..." I couldn't help but chuckle. Oh kids, they can say some very entertaining things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment