Thursday, August 30, 2012

Guess what song?!?

Guess what piece??


I will give you hints...

- I am doing a little Unit on Impressionism.

- Yes, the kids are drawing churches sinking in the water

- The composer is Debussy.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Give up???


La cathedrale engloutie! By Debussy. :) La cathedrale engloutie- Debussy

So, on this website: musick8.com I found this awesome idea for a lesson on Debussy's Sunken Cathedral. You see, in college, I did an original orchestration of this pieces, so I know it quite well. :) :) 

So I gave kids sentences which described what was happening in the music and so they drew their interpretation (hence the surfers and sharks...) I just love to watch the creativity of kids, it is quite endless. Then they had to listen to the piece and put their pictures in order of what happens in the story. They did a pretty good job, with a little help from the teacher. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment