Monday, August 27, 2012

Dinner is served!

So surprisingly, or maybe not so surprising... I can't decide... I CAN cook! I mean, I do have the genes since my mom is basically the most amazing cook I know. So, I have decided to share with you some of the meals I have cooked! :)

And just so no one gets worried... I am almost Paleo! I definitely cheat here and there, but almost every meal has been completely senza Gluten :) Aren't you proud??

So this is my first meal that I cooked all by myself. (For my first week I had left-overs from when chef-extraordinaire was visiting :) :)


Stir-fry complete with a Corona :) (I kinda just made this one up (well with a lot of help from Mom!)




So after I made my stir fry, I started to have a little more confidence so I have made apple pork chops for when my wonderful friends, Christine and Laura Lynn visited, taco salad, chicken caesar salad, honey mustard chicken (last night), rosemary chicken, to name a few :) 

My grandpa asked me (on the phone) what I was eating (I think he was worried I was doing takeout or just not eating lol... and then I listed off meals and he was like, "Oh, so you are cooking?" :) Yes I am and finding out that I enjoy it! 

Here is my version of chicken cacciatore kinda... I made Giada's Sauce and then googled how to saute chicken... it was quite yummy! 
Apples beautiful thinly sliced! :) 

When my friend Emily (one of my wonderful roommates senior year at BC) came over, I made her this Apple, Onion, Cabbage and Sausage Hash that my mom swears by, it was so so so good!  I loved to watch as the onions and apples were dyed this pretty pinkish purple colors from the red cabbage! (I know I am weird :) :) 


And finally, this is my dinner that I am enjoying tonight! Wellness Mama's recipe for her version of Chipotle's burrito bowl. YUM!


 I hope you enjoyed the glance into Meghan's kitchen. If you want any of the recipes just let me know. (Or if you are my mom's friend, just ask her ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment